Baked apples are a delicious breakfast or supper treat as well as a light dessert.
- Remove apple halves from oven, turn them over carefully and divide couscous mixture evenly among them.
- Turn heat off and leave pan covered about 10 minutes to cook couscous. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile finely chop the reserved apple pulp. Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the apple pulp, couscous, raisins, pecans and spice and stir briefly.
- Hollow out the apples leaving 1/2”-3/4” shell, reserving the pulp. Place apples cut side down in a glass baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water and cover with foil. Place in oven to bake until the water is boiling.
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
- Mix honey and water and drizzle over apples and couscous. Cover loosely with foil and return to oven about 15 minutes or until apples are tender (apples may be refrigerated and reheated later).