- In a large kettle of boiling salted water, cook 3 or 4 of the cabbage leaves at a time just until limp (about 2 minutes).
- Lift from water and let drain and cool. Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water until soft, chop into very small pieces.
- Press the tofu between your hands, squeezing out as much water as possible. In a large bowl, break the tofu into small pieces or mash with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except cabbage leaves and mix well.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the tofu mixture on base of each leaf, and roll halfway to enclose. Fold sides in, then continue rolling up.
- Place rolls, seam side down, in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tomato sauce or Soy Lemon Sauce.