- Place 1 ½ c. water, seasoning, and quartered onion in blender and blend briefly, just long enough to chop the onion.
- Pour into a sauce pan and add bulgur wheat.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Blend sunflower seeds and water.
- Place in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Mix all together. Make into patties with a scant ½ cup in each. HINT: An easy and quick method is to place by the scoopful onto a griddle with an ice cream scoop.
- Flatten into round, ½ inch thick patties.
- Fry for about 7 minutes on both sides, or bake in oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Turn and bake 10 more minutes to brown both sides. HINT: Don’t let the patties brown too fast. You want them to cook in the middle.
- Cool on a rack before storing in plastic bags or container.