- Cut off stem and blossom end of squash. Slice squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place in microwave dish cut side down. Microwave up to 10 minutes until tender. Scoop out pulp; mash or purée.
- Meanwhile in saucepan, steam onion with a tablespoon of water until tender. Stir in corn. Heat briefly then add to mashed squash.
- Warm tortillas about 1 minute in microwave with a damp paper towel on the bottom of the stack and another on the top.
- Smear a little salsa on the bottom of a greased baking dish. Lay out tortillas on a work surface; scoop squash evenly onto tortillas. Roll and place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Pour chile sauce over enchiladas. Bake 350° 30 minutes. Drizzle cheese sauce over top if you wish after removing from oven.
Makes 12 enchiladas