This chili recipe spotlights the cutest legume of them all: the chickpea
- In a large pot, combine broth, tomatoes, chiles, onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, and chili powder.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for an hour or until most of the liquid has cooked off. The onions should be translucent and the green peppers tender. There should still be a thin layer of liquid coating your pan.
- Add the tomato paste, pure maple syrup, and frozen corn.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting and heat thoroughly.
- Once corn is warm, add beans and tomato sauce, plus salt and cayenne to taste.
Continue to heat over low heat until beans are warm, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish or cilantro, vegan sour cream, or whatever else you wish!
Ready in about: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings