A couple tips: To cut down on cooking time, soak the kamut before cooking, preferably overnight. Also, if you can't find kamut at your grocery store, farro or wheat berries would be make a good sub.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cover kamut with water and bring to a boil. Let it cook until the grain is tender, roughly an hour. Drain then set aside.
- Cut carrots into 1/2" slices. Toss with two teaspoons of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder (add more for a hotter dish). Roast for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- While carrots roast, remove avocado from skin and dice into large pieces.
- Toss together kamut, roasted carrots, avocado, and sunflower seeds. Whisk together olive oil, agave, and lime juice, then drizzle over kamut and lightly toss.
- Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro.
Ready in: about 1 hour.
Makes: about 2-3 servings