This topping is sufficient for two 9” pies. when re-blended, the consistency is like whip cream.
- Place agar agar and water in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often, and dissolve by continuing to boil gently 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place cashews in blender with half of the coconut milk and process until VERY smooth.
- Mix remaining ingredients in the blender including the rest of the coconut milk, adding the boiling liquid last while the blender is slowing running.
- Pour into a dish and refrigerate until set (it will set more quickly in a shallow bowl).
- When firm, put back in blender to process until very smooth.