- Mix nut butter into dry ingredients with your hands until well distributed.
- Add water a little at a time and gently knead dough into a ball, adding a bit more water if needed for a soft, but not sticky, ball of dough.
- Slightly dampen your countertop, then place a strip of plastic wrap down.
- Place the ball of dough down on it and place another strip of plastic wrap on top of the ball.
- Roll the ball out from the center to the edges. When you have the right size, about a 12 inch circle, remove the top plastic wrap and invert your pie plate over the rolled-out dough.
- Slip your hand under the bottom plastic with pie dough and plate on top. Quickly flip it over so the dough is now over the plate, and peel off the plastic wrap.
- Gently shape the dough into the pie plate. This dough is very easy to work with so you can patch if you need to!
- Trim pastry to ½ inch beyond edge of the plate. Fold under extra pastry and crimp edges.
For a pre-baked crust, prick bottom and sides of pastry generously with the tines of a fork. Prick where sides and bottom meet all around the pie shell. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
*Hint: you can also use already made nut butter such as cashew butter found in the natural food section of your grocery store.You can also make your own using clean, dry cashews or almonds in your food processor or blender.