Baked, rather than deep-fried, this ball is much lower in fat.
- Grind 1 1/3 cups soaked garbanzos in food processor until polenta size.
- Remove to a mixing bowl. Place the remaining 2/3 cup garbanzos in food processor with 1/2 cup water and process until pureed.
- Add to ground garbanzos with remaining ingredients except crumbs. Mix well.
- Form patties using a small scoop. Roll each in crumbs and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 400Â° 15 minutes; turn and bake another 15 minutes, browning lightly on both sides.
- Serve in pita bread pockets with thin hummus or a tahini sauce, adding cucumber and tomato slices, sprouts or lettuce, and mild onion slices.