- Bring broth to a boil in a covered stock pot.
- Stir Together well.
- While the broth is coming to a boil, blend the “Blender mixture” ingredients together.
- In a large bowl place 2 ½ cup gluten flour.
- Pour the “Blender mixture” into the flour and mix thoroughly. A mixer with a dough hook works best. However, by hand mixing you can accomplish the same if you work quickly until the dough is consistent. Mix thoroughly until dough is solid and firm, yet not dry. Dough will feel rubber-like.
- Form into rectangular loaf and cut into even pieces, approximately 2 inches in diameter, or use kitchen shears and cut off sections for the size of the entrée you are using. Do not stack these pieces for they will stick together.
- Drop the pieces into the boiling broth and lightly boil for 1 1/2 -2 hours until done or soft throughout.
- If not for immediate use, cool and leave in larger pieces and freeze. Keeps well in freezer. When needed, defrost and prepare as directed in recipe.
Yields about 2 quarts of gluten pieces.