- Mix cold water, and corn flour in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is quite thick. Cover an cook over low heat for 5 minutes more.
- Scrape into a blender with spatula.
- Add tofu, water, salt, granules, and butter flavor to blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a tightly covered, wide mouth container, and refrigerate.
NOTE: This firms up nicely when chilled and melts well on hot food. Corn butter lasts for about 5 days. You can double the recipe, if you like.