A tasty classic for the whole family to enjoy!
- Cook macaroni in 3 quarts boiling water with 2 teaspoons salt until soft. Follow package directions for whole grain pasta.
- Meanwhile, make "cheese" by blending remaining ingredients about 2 minutes until very smooth.
- Drain cooked macaroni and return to kettle. Pour blended mixture into hot, drained macaroni and cook together until thick, stirring gently.
- Add 1-2 cups frozen peas, 1 cup mushrooms or sliced olives if desired.
- Cover and let sit 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
Variation 1: Put your macaroni in an oiled casserole dish, cover it with seasoned bread crumbs, and bake at 350 degrees until brown.
Variation 2: The cheese sauce in this recipe may be replaced with Raw Cheese Sauce. After the cheese sauce has been blended, follow steps 3 and 4 above.
Note: If made ahead of time and heated the next day, stir in some water before heating—the macaroni tends to dry if it sits.
Ready in about: 20 min
Makes: 6-8 servings