- In blender, place hot water, dates, ½ cup nuts, tahini, honey, vanilla, molasses, maple flavoring and salt. Whiz until very smooth.
- While blending, place the oats, nuts, and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour blended ingredients over dry ingredients and mix well with your hands until all the oats are evenly coated.
- Place in 2 large cookie sheets, trying not to pack it too tightly.
- Bake at 150 F for approximately 8-10 hours or until golden brown and crisp.
Yields 15 cups.
HINT: You can place this is your oven at night before bedtime and let it cook through the night. You will awaken to a beautiful aroma!