Maple Walnut Cookies (a.k.a. Brain Food Cookies, Happy Cookies, Prozac Cookies) are high in Omega-3, due to both the walnuts and flaxseed. These cookies are indeed "brain food" as well as being very tasty!
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients in the given order. Mix well.
- Drop spoonful of dough on a slightly oiled cookie sheet and flatten them with a fork.
- Bake for ten to fifteen minutes or until golden brown, checking often to prevent burning.
- Let cool before removing from the cookie sheet. Makes one dozen.
*Instead of carob chips, you may substitute vegan chocolate chips, chopped dates or dried cherries; however, the walnuts must stay, as they are one of the best vegetarian sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, necessary for optimum brain function.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Baking time: 15 minutes.
Yield: 12 cookies.
Source: Depression, the Way Out by Dr. Neil Nedley