Old-fashioned Orange Cake

Old-fashioned Orange Cake

Ingredients

View Ingredients

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spray and flour bottom of 13 X 9 inch baking pan.
  2. Scrub the rind of the orange well. Grate the peel. Remove both ends of the remainder of the orange and cut it into large chunks. Remove any seeds and set aside.
  3. Place orange chunks in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the raisins and pulse 5 or 6 times. Empty into a small bowl and set aside.
  4. Pulse the date sugar, honey and cashew butter together in food processor, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add soy milk and vanilla and process to combine. The mixture will be very liquid. Add all but 2 tablespoons of orange raisin mixture and pulse once more. Add the walnuts to bowland pulse again.
  5. Sift together the flours, baking powder, egg replacer and salt in a large mixing bowl.
  6. Add liquids to bowl, mixing quickly just till flour is moistened.
  7. Immediately pour batter into baking pan, smoothing until level.
  8. Bake 40 minutes, until the sides have begun to brown and pull away from the pan.
  9. After cake has cooled, cover with Coconut Whip Cream to which the 2 tablespoons orange-raisin mixture has been added.
Comments ( 45 ) Leave a Comment
  1. 1 Jodi May 1, 2014, 9:03 AM PDT

Look delicious! Is that toasted coconut sprinkled on the top?

2. 2 Sally May 1, 2014, 9:59 AM PDT

While the recipe does not call for coconut, it does make a nice garnish. Or you might lightly sprinkle a bit of the orange zest on top.

3. 3 June Nov 3, 2018, 2:13 AM PDT

How to made cashew butter

4. 4 Stockard Nov 6, 2018, 10:44 AM PST

This orange cake here looks amazing, are you sure that this here isnt from superiorpapers.com writing servise at all, they do amazing reviews and backery works as well thats why i was asking !

5. 5 Sally Nov 7, 2018, 5:59 AM PST

Helpful ingredients are commercial products we can purchase here in California like CocoWhip (a So Delicious, frozen whip cream-like topping) and cashew butter.

6. 6 Lifetime Dec 9, 2018, 5:49 AM PST

I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site Remedies for Breast Enlargement

7. 7 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:05 AM PST

After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. Corn Maize

8. 8 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:16 AM PST

I am looking for and I love to post a comment that “The content of your post is awesome” Great work! Vitamin B6

9. 9 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:21 AM PST

I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! Parsley

10. 10 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:26 AM PST

My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! Pineapple Juice

11. 11 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:30 AM PST

Thanks for such a great post and the review, I am totally impressed! Keep stuff like this coming. Spirulina

12. 12 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:34 AM PST

Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. Chili Pepper

13. 13 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:37 AM PST

I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. Boric Acid

14. 14 Lifetime Dec 10, 2018, 4:41 AM PST

I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Garlic

15. 15 Lifetime Dec 14, 2018, 6:12 AM PST

Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. Locksmith

16. 16 Lifetime Dec 14, 2018, 6:21 AM PST

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. businesshive

17. 17 Lifetime Dec 14, 2018, 6:33 AM PST

You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. affordable web design services

18. 18 Lifetime Dec 14, 2018, 7:59 AM PST

I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place Horse

19. 19 Lifetime Dec 14, 2018, 8:34 AM PST

I’m happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. cd duplication services

20. 20 Lifetime Dec 14, 2018, 9:40 AM PST

It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. work socks sale

×

You must sign in to view the ingredients.

Not a Member?

Here’s some of the benefits:

• Live streaming videos
  • Local seminars & events
  • Expert health advice
  • Wellness tips & tools
  • FREE membership

Join

×

You must sign in to view the meal plan.

Not a Member?

Here’s some of the benefits:

• Live streaming videos
  • Local seminars & events
  • Expert health advice
  • Wellness tips & tools
  • FREE membership

Join

×

You must sign in to watch “Old-fashioned Orange Cake”

Not a Member?

Here’s some of the benefits:

• Live streaming videos
  • Local seminars & events
  • Expert health advice
  • Wellness tips & tools
  • FREE membership

Join

×

You must sign in to leave a comment.

Not a Member?