- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar dissolves.
- Add saffron, stir and remove from the heat. Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed, non-stick pan, melt margarine and sauté cashews and raisins until nuts turn light brown.
- Now, add the cream of wheat and cook on low heat for three to five minutes.
When you start to notice the change of aroma in the cream of wheat then…
- Add the sugar syrup and cardamom and cook on medium heat until the mixture turns thick.
- Remove from heat and spread the mixture onto a sprayed stainless steel plate.
- When cooled, cut into diamond shapes.
Serve either mildly hot or warm.