Just the dish to prepare when you’re having company for dinner. The tofu replaces ricotti cheese and they’ll never know the difference.
- Drain tofu well. Mash until the texture of cottage cheese.
- Simmer spinach and garlic in a small amount of water. Do not overcook.
- Chop spinach until fine and drain. Combine with tofu and mix well.
- Add seasonings and adjust to taste. Stuff the manicotti with filling and place in a baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over the top and bake at 350° F until heated through.
Variations: Use lasagna, pasta shells or crepes instead of manicotti.