A tasty, easy way to make mayonnaise that you can use in place of traditional mayonnaise. This is also the base recipe for our Ranch-Style Dressing.
- Blend all ingredients together for at least 1 minute until silky smooth.
Chill to thicken.
Tip: Don’t underestimate the importance of the right balance of lemon, sweetening, and salt. This is what helps your spread taste like mayonnaise. For low salt, cut salt, sweetener, and lemon juice in half.
Weight Watchers Mayonnaise:
- Follow Simple Mayonnaise (above), but use a 1/2 c. of raw cashews instead of 1 c..
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. potato flour and blend together at least 1 minute. Because this recipe uses fewer cashew nuts, you will need to use potato flour (not potato starch) to make it thick enough
Rice Mayonnaise (Try this recipe if you have soy/nut allergies and tofu or cashews can’t be used.)
- Follow Simple Mayonnaise (above), but instead of tofu and cashews, use 1 can coconut milk and 1 1⁄4 c. hot, well-cooked rice or millet.
- 2 Blend for about 2 minutes until silky smooth.
- 3 Chill to thicken.
Ready in about: 3-5 min (plus chilling)
Yields: 3 cups