Your Life and Health - Vitamin D

Vitamin D is often referred to as the 'sunshine vitamin' because our bodies possess the remarkable ability to obtain it from sunlight. What is it that makes vitamin D so important and what can we do to ensure we have enough?

Comments ( 9 ) Leave a Comment
  1. 1 Lynda Oct 1, 2013, 12:46 PM PDT

So will ANY vitamin D work? Or is there something special to look for what purchasing a D supplement?

2. 2 Neta Oct 1, 2013, 3:37 PM PDT

Do vegans naturally have lower levels of vitamin D than omnivores? If that is true what is an adequate level for a vegan? Also, would vitamin D level depend on the health of the liver?

3. 3 Debbie Oct 2, 2013, 6:19 PM PDT

It is nice to hear these little nutrition talks.  It reminds us how important it is to take care of ourselves. Please say hi to all the great weimar people who dedicate their lives to teaching others how to live healthy lives.

4. 4 Laura Oct 3, 2013, 7:56 AM PDT

I am so thankful for the newstart club website.  It’s wonderful to have a “breath of fresh air” perspective, that is factual, and backed by good science to counter all of the ridiculous misinformation that is out there.  Thank you, Weimar!

5. 5 Janice Oct 3, 2013, 9:03 PM PDT

I did not realize until my husband was diagnosed w/stage 3 kidney failure how important D is to our bodies.  Like a little switch that gets things going. He takes D now and does not eat meat or dairy, just vegies fruit, beans, nuts and seeds.  At his last workup he was just short of a stage 1.  Ya hoo!

6. 6 Ann Oct 4, 2013, 1:00 AM PDT

I was diagnosed with a broad area of shingles. Dr took blood test and found that Vit. D3 was 8.
    how long will I have to take a supplement?  as I do not eat most o the vitamin D foods

7. 7 Janice Oct 4, 2013, 8:14 AM PDT

Add-on to my comment about my husband’s kidney failure.  He sees a specialist and she is the one that told him that he should not take any ibuprophen and a meatless and dairyless diet would go along way to stopping the deterioration. Good advice!  I had been eating that way for over a year and did experience good results for weightIoss, lower cholesterol and getting off of high blood pressure meds. I have alot of respect for this Doctor, she influenced my husband in a positive direction, one I had been trying to get him to follow.

8. 8 Susan Nov 17, 2017, 6:20 AM PST

I live in Florida, rarely use sunscreen and walk outside in the sunshine at least a half hour every day and yet a recent blood test gave me a result of 23 ng/ml. And said the range should be 30-100 ng/ml. Are they’re other things that could cause this problem?

9. 9 Susan Nov 17, 2017, 6:20 AM PST

I live in Florida, rarely use sunscreen and walk outside in the sunshine at least a half hour every day and yet a recent blood test gave me a result of 23 ng/ml. And said the range should be 30-100 ng/ml. Are there other things that could cause this problem?

×

You must sign in to view the ingredients.

Not a Member?

Here’s some of the benefits:

• Live streaming videos
  • Local seminars & events
  • Expert health advice
  • Wellness tips & tools
  • FREE membership

Join

×

You must sign in to watch “Your Life and Health - Vitamin D”

Not a Member?

Here’s some of the benefits:

• Live streaming videos
  • Local seminars & events
  • Expert health advice
  • Wellness tips & tools
  • FREE membership

Join

×

You must sign in to leave a comment.

Not a Member?